Nightmares of Past


I close my eyes, and immediately start to create
Falling into a chasm, passing through time and space
I can't stop rubbernecking all of my past mistakes
They're painted like hieroglyphics on the walls of this cave
The disappointments are flowing like a river of shame
My body dives in and immediately starts to ache
Feeling like an empath, every emotion has its place
Chains wrapped around me tied to a concrete base
Making it an impossible struggle to win the oxygen race
I can't seem to pinch myself to see if I can wake
And the blood in my mouth is leaving a metallic taste
As my fear and adrenaline bite a hole in my face
Suddenly snapping out of it my body begins to shake
The real world comes into view, heart beating at an incredible pace
To my right, i see my daughter lending me all of her grace
Though my sweat's covering my face like little salty drapes
She hugs my shoulder, giving me her loving embrace
And saying "Daddy, everything is okay."

And it is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Level Up

The Little Ones

Escape